Turkey's densely layered cityscapes, magnificent classical ruins, chaotic bazaars, and rich, complex cuisine testify to the country's unique position at the crossroads of Asia and Europe. Istanbul, astride the strategic Bosphorus Strait, has been the capital of three empires—Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman—and has the tile mosaics and dome-and-minaret skyline to prove it. Ruins of legendary towns dotting Turkey's long Mediterranean coast—Aphrodisias, Ephesus, Bodrum and Troy—preserve in stone the secrets of ancient civilizations. In sprawling bazaars, carpets, spices, silks and other exotic goods for sale reflect millennia-old trade routes still traversing the country.
Inland, even geologic wonders have cultural depth. The cascading mineral pools of Pamukkale once fed royal baths. The rocky volcanic cones of Cappadocia are honeycombed with centuries-old subterranean homes and churches. And Turkey's food is revered as one of the world's great cuisines: chicken with apricots and almonds, slow-roasted eggplant with garlic and lemon, lamb shish kebab, honey pastries and lots of yogurt.
Our private, luxury tours of Turkey feature:
- Preferred rooms in Turkey's best luxury hotels and resorts
- Your own private guide and driver for flexible touring based on your interests
- Highly personalized itinerary planning
- Expert advice from our Turkey specialists, all of whom have traveled extensively in Turkey
- Local contacts at our associate offices throughout Turkey
- Regional flights and private airport transfers
- Restaurant reservations, shopping recommendations, tickets to cultural events and exclusive access to local activities
All tours are private, depart daily, and can be customized to suit individual interests and schedules. Please contact us at (800) 214-8144 for more information about our luxury Turkey tours.