Frozen by Communism and the Cold War for much of the 20th century, Russia has thawed over recent years, revealing a region filled with compelling travel destinations. A minor renaissance is under way as the local people welcome the world and rediscover their own cultural roots. Artists, musicians, writers and other creative types practice their crafts with few restrictions. Palaces have been polished and historic districts reinvigorated. Churches have been renovated and reopened, their shiny gold domes and soaring spires gracing city skylines. World-class dining options have emerged. Now is a great time to discover the diversity of history and culture throughout the region, including ancient villages, beautiful countryside, Jewish historical sites, bustling markets, a wealth of fine art, and architectural masterpieces ranging from medieval to Art Deco to modern.
Artisans of Leisure also arranges private luxury tours in Northern Europe and the Baltic States.
Our private luxury tours feature:
- Preferred rooms in the best luxury hotels
- Your own private guide and driver for flexible touring based on your interests
- Highly personalized itinerary planning
- Expert advice from our travel specialists
- Private access and special viewings at museums, palaces, and other cultural attractions
- Express clearance through customs
- Local contacts at our associate offices throughout Russia
- Private airport transfers and VIP fast-track service
- Restaurant reservations, shopping recommendations, tickets to cultural events and exclusive access to local activities
All tours are private, depart daily, and can be customized to suit individual interests and schedules. Please contact us at (800) 214-8144 for more information about our private tours in Russia and the Baltic States.
Dining in an aristocratic mansion in Moscow
Touring the State Hermitage Museum with an art expert
Listening to an Orthodox service in an ancient, candle-lit cathedral
Shopping for local crafts in markets