At Artisans of Leisure, many of our in-house travel specialists live and travel comfortably on gluten-free diets. We work closely with celiac travelers and those with gluten intolerance.
Once a tour has been booked, we provide ongoing assistance to our gluten free travelers and help with some or all of the following arrangements:
- Communicating with restaurants and requesting gluten free meals in advance
- Assigning local guides who fully understand celiac requirements
- Providing translators when ordering at restaurants and/or written instructions for waiters, restaurant managers and kitchen chefs
- Identifying gluten-free restaurants, afternoon teas, international societies, food stores, food brands, and even hotels around the world
- Requesting gluten free breads and other items at hotels
- Arranging private gluten-free cooking classes
- Providing opportunities to sample traditional gluten free specialties in a variety of settings, including markets, reputable street food vendors, small local restaurants and at private homes
We maintain an extensive database of international gluten free restaurants and hotels as well as those that are particularly accommodating to gluten free travelers.
If you are a restaurant or venue that offers a gluten free menu and would like to be added to our database, please e-mail us detailed information.
A few of our favorite tour destinations for gluten free travel include India, Mexico, Bali, Vietnam, Italy, Israel, Scotland, England and Australia.
All Artisans of Leisure tours are private, depart daily and can be customized to suit individual interests and dietary requirements.
Please contact us at (800) 214-8144 to begin designing your ideal tour.
* Please note: As a service to our clients, Artisans of Leisure makes every effort to relay individual dietary requests and requirements to our overseas suppliers, including local guides, hotels, restaurants, and other third party suppliers. Artisans of Leisure and our suppliers cannot be held liable for any negligent or willful act, or for any adverse reactions to foods consumed, or items one may come in contact with while eating at any recommended establishments. When visiting a restaurant or other dining venue, please always notify the manager, server and chef about your dietary requirements. Always be sure to read ingredient labels before consuming products.