Cinque Terre, Italy
Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
Artisans of Leisure is always looking for extremely knowledgeable, sophisticated, well-traveled professionals to work in our New York City office.
Ideal applicants will have lived, worked, and/or traveled extensively in international destinations. Applicants should be familiar with the main cultural highlights of a wide range of countries in each region as well as be familiar with a variety of special-interest attractions and activities, including local arts, cuisine, history, customs, luxury hotels and resorts. Travel industry experience is not necessary. An ability to articulate your passion for cultural travel within these destinations is.
1.) Sales & Marketing Associate
We are currently seeking a well-traveled, culture-loving individual for this creative, multi-tasking position involving the following responsibilities:
- Working one-on-one with affluent travelers to customize private international tours based on firsthand travel expertise and experience
- Designing, costing and creating new tours and related materials
- Writing for itineraries, online tour descriptions, our blog and other collateral materials
- Research related to tours and special interests (culture, food, family activities, art, architecture, gardens, historic attractions, etc.)
- Assisting with administrative projects and activities
- Using own initiative to develop new activities, destinations, and partnerships
- Other creative and design projects and sales activities
- Attending events related to travel
- Extensive previous international travel experience in Africa, South America, Asia, and/or Europe preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Confidence and proven leadership
- Passionate about culture and able to speak from firsthand experience about food, art, culture, history, and what makes a place unique
- Sophisticated interests related to lifestyle (avid reader of upscale lifestyle publications related to travel, food, shopping, art and culture)
- Bright and articulate multi-tasker
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop a plus
2.) Luxury Travel Assistant
We are currently accepting applications for this entry-level office assistant position. Responsibilities include assisting with client itineraries, travel documents, tour logistics, costings, tour coordination, and other administrative tasks and special projects. Applicants must be highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Assisting Operations with client documents, supplier relations, and coordination of all tour logistics
- Assisting Sales with itinerary creation
- Daily communications with suppliers and vendors
- Assisting Sales with product development, including tour costings
- Data entry
- General administrative and office duties
- Database maintenance
- Other special projects
- 3+ years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required
- Extreme attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to “see the big picture”
- Extensive prior international travel experience in Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin and South America, and/or the South Pacific a plus.
All positions are full-time and based in New York City.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please submit the following PDFs: a detailed cover letter, resume, and thorough personal travel history (including places visited, date and length of trips, favorite places and experiences).
Important: Resumes will only be considered if accompanied by a detailed list of prior international travels.
Submit materials to email@example.com
No calls, please.