Beijing, Xian, Hangzhou, Shanghai, Hong Kong
This private luxury tour combines exclusive culinary experiences and in-depth cultural touring in Beijing, Xian, Hangzhou, Shanghai, Hong Kong.
- Private cooking classes in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong
- Experiencing distinct regional cuisines
- Dining in a variety of venues, including private clubs and gourmet restaurants
- Accommodation at China’s finest luxury hotels
- Touring important cultural attractions and exclusive shopping districts with a private guide and driver
- Visiting a remote section of the Great Wall
- Browsing local markets for unique Chinese ingredients and cookware
- Learning about traditional Chinese healing and its relationship to Chinese cooking and cuisine
Begin in Beijing. Enjoy a private cooking class at a prestigious culinary institution. Also tour imperial sites, the hutongs of a traditional residential neighborhood, a variety of markets, and shopping and art districts. Dine on traditional specialties at favorite family-run restaurants, and enjoy reservations at private clubs and Beijing’s most acclaimed restaurants. One day, take an excursion to the Great Wall of China.
Next, fly to the ancient capital of Xian, a major stop on the Silk Road, to see the famed Terracotta Warriors. Also enjoy Xian’s culinary highlights including the city’s markets, a dumpling banquet, and dining in the lively Muslim Quarter. Other touring activities include walking along the massive city walls, seeing the important Big and Small Goose Pagodas, and touring museums and other historic attractions.
Continue to serene Hangzhou and enjoy private touring around beautiful West Lake, local tea plantations, Buddhist caves and other cultural highlights. From there, drive to Shanghai. Learn to prepare regional cuisine and how it varies from cooking styles elsewhere in China. Also tour the riverfront Bund, the chic French Concession, the excellent Shanghai Museum, Yu Yuan Garden and interesting shops and galleries. During free time, enjoy Shanghai’s many acclaimed restaurants
Continue to Hong Kong. Tour local food and herb markets, and take a private dim sum cooking lesson. Also enjoy private touring of the best of Kowloon and Hong Kong Island. During free time, enjoy Hong Kong’s endless restaurants, museums, teahouses, and markets.