The Buddhist kingdom of Bhutan, or Druk Yul—Land of the Thunder Dragon—as the locals call it, is deep in the eastern Himalayas. In this idyllic place, terraced rice paddies surround villages, virgin forest covers steep hillsides, and snow capped peaks tower high overhead. Buddhism, the state religion, is evident everywhere: prayer flags flap in the wind; stupas, temples and ancient brick dzong (Buddhist fortress-monasteries) dot the countryside; and festivals explode with dancing, music and the colorful costumes and traditional clothing of the locals.
Artisans of Leisure's luxury Bhutan tours feature the best of Bhutan:
- Preferred rooms in Bhutan's most recommended luxury hotels
- Your own private guide and driver for flexible touring based on your interests
- Special activities such as private hiking, cooking classes, meals at local homes, archery lessons, private monastery tours, meditations led by local monks, golfing, and more
- Highly personalized itinerary planning
- Expert advice from our Bhutan specialists, all of whom have traveled extensively in Bhutan
- Airfare for flights to/from Paro
- Local contacts at our associate offices throughout Bhutan
- Private transfers
- Restaurant reservations, spa appointments, shopping recommendations, access to local festivals and other activities
Private Bhutan tours can be arranged to coincide with festival dates. Also, we are happy to customize private treks of any length in Bhutan, inclusive of luxury facilities.
All tours are private, depart daily, and can be customized to suit individual interests and schedules. Please contact us at (800) 214-8144 for more information about our luxury Bhutan tours.