At Artisans of Leisure, we believe that eating is an essential part of traveling. We understand that traveling with food allergies is a serious concern to many of our travelers. We work closely with travelers to fully understand their food allergies and specific requirements, which we then communicate to tour guides, hotels, restaurants, cooking instructors and other overseas colleagues to help travelers with food allergies travel comfortably, safely, and happily.
Upon request, we assist travelers with food allergies in the following ways:
- Requesting specialty menus (with the breakdown of ingredients for each dish) in advance at restaurants around the world
- Providing a translator when ordering at restaurants and detailed written instructions for all restaurant kitchens
- Private cooking classes that are nut-free, shellfish-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, egg-free (or any other allergy)
- Providing ample time during touring for snacking (hypoglycemic and diabetic)
- Sampling traditional specialties with an informed guide
- A cooler or refrigerator in hotel rooms for any specialty foods or medications
- Visits to specialty grocery stores, markets, shops and restaurants
All Artisans of Leisure tours are private, depart daily and can be customized to suit individual interests and dietary requirements. Please contact us at (800) 214-8144 for more information.
* Please note: As a service to our clients, Artisans of Leisure makes every effort to relay individual dietary requests and requirements to our overseas suppliers, including local guides, hotels, restaurants, and other third party suppliers. Artisans of Leisure and our suppliers cannot be held liable for any negligent or willful act, or for any adverse reactions to foods consumed, or items one may come in contact with while eating at any recommended establishments. When visiting a restaurant or other dining venue, please always notify the manager, server and chef about your dietary requirements. Always be sure to read ingredient labels before consuming products.